Let me start off saying I absolutely love Starbuck’s green tea frappuccino, so much that I wanted to learn how to make them at home. This recipe is a more healthier version. I thought this would be the perfect way to start my days before heading to class. When I found green tea matcha powder in Marshalls I was so inspired, hopefully I can create even more delicious snacks with it! Green tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients. I have found some interesting things about the effects green tea has on your body.
- Skincare. Green tea can apparently help with signs of aging! The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities is the reason for this. Studies have demonstrated that green tea applied topically can also reduce sun damage.
- Weight Loss. Studies have shown, people who drink green tea, burn up to an extra 100 calories per day due to the antioxidants called catechins (ECGC and polyphenols) in the tea.
- Diabetes. Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes for diabetics which could potentially cause fat storage.
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 cup of milk (I used almond milk as a healthier alternative, feel free to try whichever milk you prefer!)
- 3 TBSP of organic cane sugar
- 3 TSP of green tea matcha powder
- 1/4 TSP of vanilla extract
Instructions: Simply put all ingredients into the blender and blend well. Pour into a glass and enjoy! You could even add some whip cream on top.